Sunday, May 16, 2010

I'll Always Love My Momma


When men choose to abdicate their paternal role the family unit suffers. We ought not fool ourselves about that! Income is reduced, social dynamics are hindered and discipline may be sporadic, if present at all. The family protector is gone. The primary role model for a young man is absent.

In the midst of this natural disaster you'll find strong women. Mothers, grandmothers, god mothers, and aunts stepping up. These women stand tall and strong like a tree that's been through hundreds of storms. These women may bend but they don't break.

Christ Jesus is my saviour. He's my Lord!! I thank God for His love, mercy and kindness daily. I also thank Him for my hero. Alvina I. Ross, my mother, is my hero. Heart broken, disappointed, exhausted, at times bewildered, Alvina remained strong. She was my biggest supporter as a young man. Alvina was my loudest cheerleader and my biggest fan.

I'll always love my momma, Alvina I. Ross made me who I am. Through struggle, tribulation and poverty my mother always spoke life into me. Alvina showed me how to lead. Alvina showed me how to love. She instilled integrity, accountability and responsibility in me. I'll always love Alvina I. Ross, she's my favorite girl.

1 comment:

JamieHines said...

My husband always tells me that boys always love their mommas! I am so blessed to have my 7-month old son. I truly believe that GOD blessed us with him to show me what unconditional love from one human being to another is like; and most importantly, GOD has granted me the opportunity to break many generational curses that I had to endure within my family unit. Parents do not take your children for granted!