Thursday, July 8, 2010

Can't Stop, Won't Stop!!

Jesus traveled through all the towns and villages of that area, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And he healed every kind of disease and illness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. He said to his disciples, "The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the Harvest; ask him to send more workers into his field." Matthew 9:35-38 NLT

As for the rest of you, dear brothers and sisters, never get tired of doing good. 2 Thessalonians 3:13 NLT


After going from town to town, village to village, teaching and preaching, healing and delivering, Jesus saw crowds of confused, helpless people. And his heart was heavy. Christ had compassion on them. The confused and helpless people were like sheep without a shepherd. There was a lack of Godly leadership. So Jesus tells his disciples to pray for more workers, more Godly leaders, more shepherds. in 2010, as you walk through your neighborhood, or drive through an urban neighborhood, what do you see? I see confused and helpless people. People that are hurting. I see people that are starving. People that are scared, confused and helpless. My heart is heavy. I feel the call on my life to reach out and engage these people, particularly teenagers. You see, I used to be like them. Confused and helpless. Then at the right time Christ penetrated my heart. His love rushed in. He saved me. Delivered me. Made me whole. So now I grind for Christ. Seeking every opportunity to share this amazing love that found me when I was confused and helpless. This is what I was built for. It's why he created me. It's how I bring him glory. How do I benefit? I'm on the team. God allowed me to be on his team. That's all I need. Whether I'm a starter or roll player doesn't matter. I'm on the team. So I say to you my fellow worker in Christ as well as those who may feel the prompting of God to join the team, look at your community. What do you see? I'm certain that you see the same things that I see because sin & dysfunction are everywhere. Now, ask God what you can do for him. How can you serve him and people. Tell God to put you in the game. As for me, I can't stop, won't stop. The stakes are to high. Father, thank you for allowing me to be on your team. It's an honor and a privilege.

No comments: