Tuesday, August 25, 2009

RE:Defined by the Divine

Tell me something that you remember about me:

What ever I WAS is in my PAST. God has made me over. He gave me another chance. He Transformed me. Lord I love you!!!

Aaron Turner
Ur my coolest uncle but dont tell anyone lol.nd Ur da father of my favorite cuzzin Jezzmin!
July 24 at 2:29pm · Delete

Earnestine Brantley Gilbert
I remember when you called my husband, who was pastoring Greater Providence at the time, and told him that the Lord had led you to our church to be the Youth Pastor. I remember how thankful and elated we were and still are. You are definitely led by the Spirit. He has anointed your ministry and blessed you abundantly for your obedience. NY2M ... Read Morehas grown and ALL of the youth love you and appreciate your sacrifices. Much Love....My Son. Keep up the good work. "He who has begun a good work in you will see it to completion". (Phil 1:6)
July 24 at 3:43pm · Delete

Jahshamel Sammy Mays
peace bro my memory of my lil brother is different we was bonded by our word an love for our brotherhood so i wont put our out there but you know i love you bro
July 24 at 3:57pm · Delete

Lester Carroll
You know I have waaaay too many to list... but still my fave is the first time we ever met. Micky D's orientation...you lookin' all hard and me all intimidated...lol.. .and then you asking me for the time...and I'm thinking... "Is he talking to me??" LOL...who'd a thought that you'd eventually become my friend.. and one of the best... 20 years lata.. .BAM!! here we are lol :-)
July 24 at 4:22pm · Delete

Tenecia Bennett-Ruff
I remember when we all went to Roosevelt Field and you were drunk and the reflection of the skylight on the floor was making you sick. It was so funny.
July 24 at 4:28pm · Delete

Chatese Allen
I remember hanging out with you in the park. You were my big cousin and I really looked up to you. Although you probably didn't know that until now.
July 24 at 4:30pm · Delete

Angie Howard
I remember a young, angry Larry who had an insatiable thirst for the opposite sex.. the desire to conquer at any cost.. I also remember a good friend, one who was honest and kept it real
July 24 at 4:48pm · Delete

James Slater
i remembr you always played it calm and collective. always gave me that impression that u can handle what ever came ya way. you possessed both book & street intel back in the day when most only had 1 or none. mad cool.
July 24 at 4:54pm · Delete

Olanza Badger
I guess I won't bring up the time you got beat up by jomo thomas for I don't want to imbaress you like that...lol (j/k) I remember thinking you were a good dude, coming from a good home, good grades, good head on your shoulders...but when you came to the high school you got mixed up with the wrong crowd. Suddenly this good kid was doing the wrong things..and at a young age!! guess we understand why GOD allowed you to go thru it now!!!..it was prepairing you for your ministry!!!... Glory to GOD
July 24 at 5:09pm · Delete

Daryl Kevin Allen
I don't know cuzz..You wanna go there b4 we became cousins.OK.... In Junior High school (Dodd) first day of school I bumped into Simone ( your girl at the time) and she said that I grabbed her in a bad way. So She said she was going to get you to beat the you know what out of me... So my boy Tyrone ( your boy as well) was with me and just laughed... Read More at her hysterically. The whole day I was ducking you, and you were looking for me. We didn't know who each other was... But finally after school Tyrone came over to me with you laughing even more hysterically. I didn't know you and you didn't know me. He introduce you to me and we still didn't know who each other was. Tyrone saw Simone out the corner of his eye and burst out laughing. She ran over to you and said whats wrong with you, your not gonna handle this. And we just all burst out laughing.
July 24 at 5:42pm · Delete

Sasha Thomas
I remember when the boy down the street wanted to fight me & a crowd circled us & I was thinkin how am I gonna get out of this 1 & you came out of no where on your bike jumped off with out stoppin & jus looked at him. You let us argue for like 5 minutes lol, but then he made the mistake of puttin his hand on me and you beat him into the ground.Lol!!! I remember you being the best big I mean older brother ever!!!
July 24 at 5:45pm · Delete

Sam Robinson
Too much Milk means open a window quick
July 24 at 5:47pm · Delete

Sam Robinson
I was drawn to build with another brother who had the same lust for information, chip on his shoulder, aggressive nature, (at the time) and quick witt! You made a thinking brother want to think more, a writing brother want to write better (and like Biggie and Jay-Z folks HE WROTE NOTHING DOWN), and a loving brother express it without fear. I remember Bloodshot Red, Self Allah Q Universal Allah Now, my dude, and my mellow my man.... but still no milk for you, Lol!
July 24 at 5:56pm · Delete

Myra Thomas-Madrey
I remember holding you and running my fingers across your fingers,changing your diapers,feeding you your bottle,making you laugh ,pushing you while you were in your schroller,taking you to the park ,babysitting you and Sasha and helping you w/ your homework.I remember you playing in the snow w/your littlle blue snowsuit on. I remember you having ... Read Morebeautiful curly hair and the sweetest laugh,I remember loving you . Than you grew up moved away went to the Military, got married,had chilldren and I remember you calling and telling me that you and your wife were called into Youth Ministery and I remember shedding tears of joy and thanking God for the Godly Man you have become .Proverb 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old it will not depart from it.AMEN
July 24 at 7:09pm · Delete

Elisha Lockett
Okay good thought I have..... I remember when we use to all sit down in Lesters house and play spades and if i recall we always beat you and Lester lololololol.... And i will always remember the EELL club ......
July 24 at 7:46pm · Delete

Larry Saquan Thomas
I want to thank everyone that responded to this note. Emma and I met with our students at New Yu and read the comments to them. ALL OF THE COMMENTS. So the good, the bad and the ugly was shared. We believe in being transparent with our students because we want them to know that it os God that has transformed us. We didn't do it ourselves. I want ... Read Morethese students to understand that God has so many great things planned for them. I want them to know that the challenges they face aren't designed to break them, but make them. I want them to see themselves as leaders NOW and LATER. I want them to understand that being a Christian doesn't mean that you are perfect. It means that we understand that we are imperfect beings that serve a perfect God. Not only has He SAVED us but He CAN and WILL SANCTIFY us. Thank you for helping us reach and engage youth for Christ. I love you all.
July 24 at 9:32pm · Delete

Tenecia Bennett-Ruff
You are something else man, God has called you to do great things and you are doing just that. May God always be a great presence in your life. Love you man.
July 24 at 10:55pm · Delete

Alex Stephenson
this was 7th grade(1987), but i rememba u kickn Arthur Lester's Butt 4 sayn he was happy tht Marlene Washington's dad passed. yall scrappd afta school, n u had him pinnd on a picket fence on East Clinton handin his butt 2 him. saquan was indeed a rolling stone!
July 25 at 7:40am · Delete

Lystra Austin
Larrrr!!?? I never knew you were in so many fights? What in the world?? Wow! We go waaaay back man. Like babies & pacifiers (Ol Dirty Bast) Seriously! Anyhoooo, I remember cookouts/birthday parties/etc. at the Coates residence. Cousins there : ) I remember most of all....Jr. High School...Dodd....in the cafeteria. You were soooo mean 2 me ... Read Morein a silent way around this particular time. However, your mood escalated 1 day at your lunch table next to mine. Dirty looks, Smashing food trays, Kick'n chairs, Say'n mean things, Yell'n a bit, Making a scene for those around us, Getting up & walking around with your chest stuck out...Based on our history I didn't understand it. You stopped speaking to me too! NOW I know why! How Cute? However, you didn't have to act like that....all you had to do was talk/tell me : ) You are a cool dude! Always have been (despite of fighting LOL) Stay You, Stay Cool, Man of God and don't EVER change! Share this with Yu 2 : ) Love you man! One!
July 25 at 12:02pm · Delete

Noah Bullard
man i guess the thing i remember is how dedicated you were. whether it was wrestling or rapping/singing with wally, leste, and sam. you stayed dedicated and if you said you were someone friend you meant it. keep staying dedicated man
July 25 at 12:35pm · Delete

Taniqua Lopez-Clarke
says she remembers the fact that despite her having beautiful feet, you use to insult them on a daily basis. I also remember how funny you looked in that tight wrestling suite! lol! Oh, and you could harmonize something serious with the group you had going. It was nice chatting with you. Stay in touch!!
July 25 at 12:59pm · Delete

Kandie Melonie Grant
ur were always cool. Someone I could talk to and was glad to have as a friend. I remember a fight here and there but if I'm not mistaken , usually because you were provoked. People would always underestimate you . Of course, u know I'll never forget you taking the lead in chasing girls around the portables...lol . the good ole days : ) There was something about you that always led to think fondly of you so I'm glad FB helped me find you again.
July 25 at 1:13pm · Delete

Christine Johnston Mercado Kelley
i remember our days hanging out at the freeport rec!! lol..u will be always be cool!!
July 25 at 4:54pm · Delete

Andrea Smith
I guess with us both being reserved (me more so quiet lol), we did not have much interaction. I do however remember being in aw of how you an Emma took to each other early on and still to this day are still supporting each other. It is a beautiful thing!
July 26 at 8:27am · Delete

Mark Harding
i remember a self motivated kid wit alot of vision,a friend till the end like chucky...lol
July 26 at 10:19am · Delete

Carleton Epps
Its been a long time Larrry. I remember you as being very cool, always calm. it never seemed that you was bothered by much. if something was going on with you, you could never tell. I was an athlete in school, and i remember we use to always talk basketball, and football. especially basketball. You was always knowledgable on things, and you was ... Read Morealways willing to help someone out. I remember you being nice with the lyrics(real Hip Hop). I am a police officer(NYPD) and i work with the youth also. Let the kids know they encounter alot of obstacles in there life. as long as they work hard , get there education, stay leveled headed, and dont let the streets get them, them can achieve anything they want in life. The opportunity is there, they just have to want it. Keep doing your thing Brother.
July 26 at 10:29am · Delete

Jerry Turner
I remember just having fun with u when u were living here in NY and when u would come to visit after u moved out. I remember when i was younger and we were sitting on my porch talking, playing and just chillin. and i remember whippin u and manny in basketball a couple summers ago....lol iight tell my aunt and my cuzzos i said wats up. Peace Unc. much love
July 26 at 2:34pm · Delete

Maurice Shirley
hip hop, poor righteous teacher...Saquan reminded me of one of the members of that classic group. More importantly Saquan was very articulate (still is). He was the Tavis Smiley of AMHS...always engaged in intelligent conversation...no time for foolishness. Ahead of his time for sure!
July 26 at 3:09pm · Delete

Steven Forbes
Something good, something bad... Bro, we have so MANY it's hard to choose! Okay, I remember the first comic you gave me. It had no cover, but it was a DC. I think it was missing the first page, too, or it ripped off, or something. I remember the first time even hearing about the Incredible Pulp. You told me (before I even had a chance to go to the... Read More shot) that I had to take my jacket off in order to go through the back issue bins. I remember doing that on a COLD winter day. I remember hanging out in the roller rink, after it closed. You, me, and Jomo. I remember a fight in 3rd grade because I stiff-armed Carleton during recess. (I stopped stiff-arming after that, and just ran faster!) I remember trading comics with you. I remember you had me pronouncing Rogue's name as Rague for a while. I remember you coming to my house so my father could drop us off at martial arts practice with Professor Griff. I remember you coming over to my house so we could go play on Bunker Hill. SO MUCH STUFF!
July 27 at 5:34pm · Delete

Shaun Bootz Burton
I remember working together with Genesis youth ministry @ NCM of OP. We used to have a blast playin games and going on trips but most of all talking. You have always be a real person and you tell things like they are. You are very cool and down to earth and back then that was much needed in the ministry. I didn't wanna be the only one....lol
July 27 at 8:33pm · Delete

Samantha Wilson-Walker
I remember that u were extremely talented and had a lot of promise even though you never knew it. I also remember you had a SUPERMAN yhing happening....meaning you always had a heart for people in trouble. You were a good guy!!!
July 27 at 9:45pm · Delete

Levar Rice
I remember alot of things man i dont know where to start? You always were a cool dude! I will never forget the time in my basement i wanna say like 89 - 90. I never knew you had so many jokes!! I will never forget that day!! LOL now thats a throw back. Do you remember that day??
July 27 at 10:21pm · Delete

Yolande Smith
I'm late...sorry...I'll make it short! I remember a little boy, so sweet 2 me, I felt like the only little girl in the world! awe...lol

No comments: